STEM Movie Worksheets
Keep your students engaged and extend their STEM learning by watching Hidden Figures (2016)! The before, during, and after questions will keep your students engaged and learning throughout the entire “movie day.”
Hidden Figures Movie Guide
Need an easy sub plan? Maybe a movie day incentive? Keep your students engaged and extend their STEM learning by watching Hidden Figures (2016)!
This film focuses on the science, math, and engineering behind space travel. Based on a true story, the movie follows the careers of three Black women employed at NASA during the 1960s. Your students will learn about human computers and the first iterations of the modern computers we use today.
This Hidden Figures movie guide includes before, during, and after activities to keep your students engaged and learning throughout the entire “movie day.” This means you are free to catch up on grades, hold conferences, hang out with your students, or take a much-needed sick day.
This resource includes:
- 2 versions of the student assignment, including a printable PDF and digital Google activities
- 3 before the movie discussion questions
- 15 movie comprehension questions focused the science, math, and engineering behind space travel
- 3 after the movie tasks to extend STEM learning
- An answer key
The movie guide is perfect for:
- Introduce students to the the science, math, and engineering that goes into space travel
- Expose students to a variety of STEM careers
- Learn about and celebrate underrepresented groups in STEM
- Use the resource as a low-prep STEM sub plan
- Give your students independent STEM work so you can catch up on grades or other paperwork
- Use the film as a movie day incentive in STEM or Science class
- Watch the movie with your students to celebrate Black History Month and National Engineers Week in February or Women’s History Month in March!